The story of the sports night was going to be North Carolina guard Marcus Paige’s miraculous double-clutch 3-point heave to tie up the national championship with 4.7 seconds remaining.
Less than two minutes later, that wasn’t the case anymore.
Jenkins’ heroics won Villanova the national championship and sent twitter into an absolute frenzy.
After the initial shock, reaction videos started flooding social media.
National media members uploaded their angles on the shot, including from the stands and courtside.
There’s also your classic celebration at the local bar.
How about the near-campus bar?
Tough to beat that right? You might want to reconsider after the sheer insanity at The Pavilion at Villanova.
That has to be the winner right? We’re giving it to Jay Alter’s dad, who simply had no idea what to do when the shot went in.
His reaction is the exact opposite of Villanova head coach Jay Wright’s.
Talk about composure.
It wouldn’t be right to leave out Crying Jordan, though, which was bound to happen with Michael Jordan in attendance to watch his alma mater.
- Arizona Wildcats a popular pick for some to go deep in NCAA Tournament
- A single decision seven years ago altered career path of Suns’ Devin Booker
- Manu Ginobili’s son leaves him outside his top five favorite players list
- Arizona Wildcats land five-star recruit Jahvon Quinerly
- Cardinals’ T.J. Logan could be out 12 weeks for wrist surgery