In Tyrann Mathieu, the Arizona Cardinals have one of the most open and honest players you will ever find.
The 23-year-old has never shied away from answering a question, be it about football or his life.
At this point in his NFL career, Mathieu has firmly established himself as one of the NFL’s rising stars, a defensive force who has turned his life around and become one of the faces of the franchise.
Unfortunately for Mathieu, this offseason will be spent rehabbing from his second major knee injury in three NFL seasons, though if there is anyone who can handle the process, it is the former third-round pick.
In a video on CBSSports.com, Mathieu opened up to Pete Prisco about the disappointment of suffering the injury on a play he “made every day in practice,” his fall from being a star at LSU to winding up in prison and his desire to be as good a player as he can possibly be.
If you are a fan of Mathieu, the video is definitely worth your time.
- Bickley & Marotta: A song parody a day while David Johnson is away
- PFF: Arizona Cardinals’ projected O-line near bottom of NFL
- Some Cardinals players aren’t exactly happy about their Madden ratings
- Washington rookie RB Derrius Guice surprises mom with new ride
- Cardinals’ Budda Baker is not too pleased with his Madden Rating