Watch out for that mascot, Addison Russell! ? pic.twitter.com/LxClqxLiB9— 120 Sports (@120Sports) April 8, 2016
Accidents happen. But sometimes when two sides are involved, perception leads to one of those sides taking more offense than perhaps is necessary.
Such was the case Thursday when Cubs batter Addison Russell lost the grip on a swing and watched as his bat whirled right at Baxter, the Arizona Diamondbacks’ mascot. Or was it an accident?
Baxter certainly didn’t feel it was the former.
The baseball-loving bobcat picked up the tossed bat and made a few menacing gestures toward the field, even jumping on the dugout roof to express his displeasure.
If he spoke, we’re certain he would’ve had a few choice words for the Chicago shortstop. Probably something like (translated), “Grown, hiss, meow. Growl.”
Here are a few more angles of the incident. You be the judge.
— Aldo Soto (@AldoSoto21) April 8, 2016
- D-backs hosting Childhood Cancer Awareness Night on Saturday
- Watch J.D. Martinez interview Archie Bradley after win over Padres
- Derrick Hall: Archie Bradley is the D-backs’ emotional leader
- ESPN’s Shoenfield: Chris Iannetta D-backs’ biggest lineup question
- D-backs turn four-run deficit into rout of Padres