LeBron James is one of the most recognizable athletes on the planet.
The 6-foot-8 basketball player is a 12-time All-Star who has won a pair of NBA titles, has been named the league’s MVP four times and has a collection of other awards to his name. Oh, he also has a net worth of a reported $300 million.
A global brand, he is someone you would think would have a tough time going undercover.
But alas, that’s apparently not the case.
James spent part of an afternoon on a day off working behind the counter at Blaze Pizza. An investor in the company, he went by the name “Ron” and chatted with customers who dropped by to get something to eat.
While James seemed to generate some looks, no one quite figured out who he was. One person, however, said he reminded them of Dwyane Wade — a former teammate of LeBron’s.
- LeBron James films angry, important subway man on his phone
- Bledsoe trade to Bucks puts Cavs fans, and maybe LeBron, in a bad mood
- Pro athletes show out with scary and topical Halloween costumes
- Arizona QB Khalil Tate earns weekly honors, LeBron James’ attention
- Arizona Sports insiders live feed: D-backs vs. Dodgers NLDS Game 1