LeBron James is one of the most recognizable athletes on the planet.
The 6-foot-8 basketball player is a 12-time All-Star who has won a pair of NBA titles, has been named the league’s MVP four times and has a collection of other awards to his name. Oh, he also has a net worth of a reported $300 million.
A global brand, he is someone you would think would have a tough time going undercover.
But alas, that’s apparently not the case.
James spent part of an afternoon on a day off working behind the counter at Blaze Pizza. An investor in the company, he went by the name “Ron” and chatted with customers who dropped by to get something to eat.
While James seemed to generate some looks, no one quite figured out who he was. One person, however, said he reminded them of Dwyane Wade — a former teammate of LeBron’s.
- Devin Booker’s deal changes everything for Phoenix Suns
- Nets’ Allen Crabbe saves former school with large donation
- LeBron James’ commitment is the latest undeserved break for the Lakers
- LeBron James agrees to 4-year, $154M contract with LA Lakers
- Devin Booker and Karl-Anthony Towns, the NBA’s next frenemies