Phoenix Suns guard Brandon Knight had successful surgery to treat his sports hernia on Friday. Dr. William Meyers performed the surgery on Knight in Philadelphia.
Knight has already begun the rehabilitation process and is set to return to Phoenix next week.
Despite only playing in 52 games in his first full season with the Suns, the 24-year-old averaged a career-high 19.6 points per game. Knight also averaged 5.1 assists, 3.9 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game, one of ten players in the NBA to average such numbers.
The Suns sit at 21-58, the third-worst record in the league, and the worst team-record since the team finished 25-57 in 2012.
- For perhaps the final time, Jared Dudley is moving on from Phoenix
- Phoenix Suns trade for Philadelphia forward/center Richaun Holmes
- Suns to fully guarantee Davon Reed, plan to keep Shaquille Harrison
- Phoenix Suns trade forward Jared Dudley to Brooklyn Nets
- NBA offseason review: Suns face even more impossible Western Conference