Phoenix Suns guard Brandon Knight had successful surgery to treat his sports hernia on Friday. Dr. William Meyers performed the surgery on Knight in Philadelphia.
Knight has already begun the rehabilitation process and is set to return to Phoenix next week.
Despite only playing in 52 games in his first full season with the Suns, the 24-year-old averaged a career-high 19.6 points per game. Knight also averaged 5.1 assists, 3.9 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game, one of ten players in the NBA to average such numbers.
The Suns sit at 21-58, the third-worst record in the league, and the worst team-record since the team finished 25-57 in 2012.
- Lonzo over Booker? Fan All-Star voting a revealing tale about branding
- Bucks fire coach Jason Kidd before game against Suns
- Empire of the Suns trade deadline preview: Tyson Chandler
- Empire of the Suns trade deadline preview: Greg Monroe
- Devin Booker hits jumper over Jamal Murray, steals his arrow celebration