It’s been nearly a year since the Heroes of the Storm team at ASU — with the phrase “going ham on the core” — brought the video game culture into pop relevance.
Rest assured the Sun Devils weren’t there for their 15 minutes of fame.
On Saturday, ASU’s “Real Dream Team” beat UConn in the 2016 Heroes of the Dorm tournament and advanced to a championship matchup against fellow No. 1 seed Texas Arlington. It’s ASU’s shot at redemption after falling in the title game last year.
— Sun Devil Football (@FootballASU) April 10, 2016
Last year’s tournament was historic as the first ESPN-televised eSports event, and this year Arizona State will play on the national stage once again. While we honestly have no idea how to describe the game — FOX Sports’ Andrew Lynch broke it down for you and The State Press profiled the Sun Devil representatives — we can help you watch. ESPN2 will broadcast the UT-Arlington and ASU showdown in the Grand Finals, as they call it, Sunday at 5 p.m. MST.
Post game with the team. We 2-0ed UCONN! 1 more set! Let’s go!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/ILfMqOMmlk
— Michael Udall (@Mikeudall) April 10, 2016
- Feldman: ASU DL Renell Wren among 2018 college football ‘freaks’
- Is the pressure already on Herm Edwards at ASU? Apparently
- ASU football will face Texas A&M in 2026-27
- ASU’s Bobby Hurley visits Vegas to support Shannon Evans’ ‘new journey’
- Forde: ASU, UA middle of the pack in overall athletic success