The free agent market for cornerback Jerraud Powers has been a little soft to this point.
Powers, who spent the last three years with the Arizona Cardinals, visited with the New York Giants two weeks ago. Powers left the Big Apple without getting a deal.
Wednesday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network tweeted that Powers is having conversations about a return to Arizona.
Free agent CB Jerraud Powers, who has played for #AZCardinals for the last three years, is visiting Arizona today, source said.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 13, 2016
It does seem strange that a player who spent three years with an organization would be “visiting” them, but the talks are the important part.
Powers started 13 games for the Cardinals last season and accumulated 46 total tackles, one interception, one quarterback sack and nine passes defensed. He also had a 7-yard fumble return for a touchdown in Arizona’s 38-8 win over the Green Bay Packers at University of Phoenix Stadium in Week 16.
The seven-year vet did miss three games with a calf injury in 2015, but has been relatively healthy throughout his career, which started in 2009 when the Indianapolis Colts selected him in the third round of the draft out of Auburn.
- USA Today: Cardinals not expected to contend for playoffs in 2018-19
- Arizona Cardinals rank No. 41 in Forbes’ 2018 most valuable franchises
- Keim’s absence comes as Cardinals talk complicated Johnson extension
- Cardinals suspend GM Steve Keim for five weeks after he pleads guilty to DUI
- Cardinals need a lot to go right to rise in ESPN’s future power rankings