For some, the lovefest that has been the Kobe Bryant Farewell Tour has been a bit much.
After all, Bryant was one of the most reviled players of his time, a great talent whose competitive nature and arrogance no doubt rubbed folks the wrong way.
If you liked the Lakers, you liked Bryant; if you did not like the Lakers, there’s a good chance you despised him.
So, it figures that the way most teams around the NBA have honored him, with tribute videos and other presentations, would seem off to folks.
Like, just because a guy is retiring doesn’t mean you should stop hating him, right?
Right, or at least that’s the message Nike is trying to send with its latest Bryant commercial, titled, “The Conductor.”
- Suns focus on defense after record blowout loss in season opener
- Phoenix Suns unveil ‘Classic Edition’ Nike uniforms
- Michigan to wear all maize uniforms in opener vs. Florida
- Suns tease Thursday release of re-designed Nike uniforms
- David Johnson had ‘a good time’ shooting fantasy football commercial