The Arizona Cardinals released reserve running backs Robert Hughes and Marion Grice on Thursday.
Both players were on the Cardinals’ practice squad before they signed future contracts with Arizona on Jan. 26.
Grice, a former Arizona State running back, played in 10 games during the 2014 season, accumulating 41 yards and a touchdown on 15 touches. The 6-foot, 208 pound back, who was drafted in the sixth round in 2014 by the Chargers, also scored a 1-yard touchdown for the Cardinals in the 2014 postseason.
Hughes, a 5-foot-11, 235 back, played in 16 games during the 2014 season and recorded 11 yards on seven rushes. He also had eight receptions.
The running back depth remains deep for Arizona, which has Chris Johnson, David Johnson, Andre Ellington, Stepfan Taylor and Kerwynn Williams remaining on the roster.
- Three things the Wildcats must do to beat Sun Devils
- The 5: Things to be thankful for as an Arizona sports fan in 2017
- Dealing Cards: IR returns look unlikely, Gabbert reviews his NFL journey
- Week 12 injury report: Arizona Cardinals vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Calais Campbell: Decision to leave Cardinals has ‘worked out’