The Arizona Diamondbacks were going to need some bullpen help after their 14-inning loss to the San Diego Padres Saturday night.
That’s what they are getting Sunday, with right-handed pitchers Archie Bradley and Evan Marshall being called up from Triple-A Reno.
Relievers Matt Buschmann and Jake Barrett are being sent down. Both pitched in the 5-3 loss.
Shelby Miller’s cuts on the knuckles of his right pointer finger caused him to be pulled from the game Saturday in the second inning.
The bullpen went on to pitch 11 innings, including 2.1 from Buschmann and an additional two from Barrett.
Rubby De La Rosa was charged with the loss after giving up a walk-off two-run home run to Melvin Upton Jr. in the bottom of the 14th inning.
Bradley was scheduled to start Sunday for the Reno Aces.
D-backs manager Chip Hale said Sunday morning that the team has yet to determine if De La Rosa will be ready for his start on Monday and and the same was said for Miller’s start on Thursday.
- Paul Goldschmidt gets start as DH in 2018 MLB All-Star Game
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Christian Walker heating up in Reno
- Greinke again rules on road as Diamondbacks shut out Braves
- Nick Ahmed breaks tie in 7th as Diamondbacks top Braves
- ESPN’s Doolittle: D-backs among top teams in need of Manny Machado