The Arizona Diamondbacks were one of the recipients of the 2016 Jackie Robinson “most valuable diverse business partner” award in a pregame ceremony this past weekend.
The D-backs are the first team to be given the award after hosting the 2016 MLB diversity business summit. There were over 1,000 job-seekers, entrepreneurs and small business owners at the event. These individuals had an opportunity at the summit to connect with employees of other MLB teams, the MLB network, advanced media and more.
The award is given out annually to minority-owned, women-owned and other diverse-owned businesses.
- ESPN: Goldschmidt in MVP log-jam, Greinke sneaky in Cy Young race
- Rockies’ pitcher calls out D-backs’ Greinke for not signing his baseball cards
- Pollock hits two homers, D-backs get little else in loss to Padres
- D-backs’ Magic Number Countdown
- MLB.com: D-backs prospect Duplantier sees stock rise after superb 2017