The Arizona Diamondbacks were one of the recipients of the 2016 Jackie Robinson “most valuable diverse business partner” award in a pregame ceremony this past weekend.
The D-backs are the first team to be given the award after hosting the 2016 MLB diversity business summit. There were over 1,000 job-seekers, entrepreneurs and small business owners at the event. These individuals had an opportunity at the summit to connect with employees of other MLB teams, the MLB network, advanced media and more.
The award is given out annually to minority-owned, women-owned and other diverse-owned businesses.
- Current D-backs, 2001 champs dominate 20th anniversary team
- The 5: Diamondbacks storylines to watch in the season’s second half
- D-backs’ Clay Buchholz pitches 6 innings, strikes out 6 in rehab start
- For the D-backs, Manny Machado to the Dodgers is no big deal
- D-backs post-All-Star notebook: Injuries and the starting rotation