The Arizona Diamondbacks were one of the recipients of the 2016 Jackie Robinson “most valuable diverse business partner” award in a pregame ceremony this past weekend.
The D-backs are the first team to be given the award after hosting the 2016 MLB diversity business summit. There were over 1,000 job-seekers, entrepreneurs and small business owners at the event. These individuals had an opportunity at the summit to connect with employees of other MLB teams, the MLB network, advanced media and more.
The award is given out annually to minority-owned, women-owned and other diverse-owned businesses.
- Arizona sports teams, athletes offer Thanksgiving well wishes
- The 5: Things to be thankful for as an Arizona sports fan in 2017
- Diamondbacks add left-hander Jared Miller to 40-man roster
- D-backs, MLB teams release New Era 2018 spring training hats
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history