The Arizona Diamondbacks were one of the recipients of the 2016 Jackie Robinson “most valuable diverse business partner” award in a pregame ceremony this past weekend.
The D-backs are the first team to be given the award after hosting the 2016 MLB diversity business summit. There were over 1,000 job-seekers, entrepreneurs and small business owners at the event. These individuals had an opportunity at the summit to connect with employees of other MLB teams, the MLB network, advanced media and more.
The award is given out annually to minority-owned, women-owned and other diverse-owned businesses.
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
- D-backs reach agreement with Brad Boxberger, avoid arbitration
- D-backs agree to one-year deal with Corbin, avoid arbitration
- Report: Stalemate between Red Sox, J.D. Martinez continues
- D-backs announce pitchers, catchers workouts begin on Valentine’s Day