The Arizona Diamondbacks continue to shuffle their bullpen as the extra-inning games continue.
The D-backs recalled right-hander pitcher Dominic Leone from Triple-A Reno and left-handed pitcher Keith Hessler from Double-A Mobile Monday.
They optioned right-handed pitchers Evan Marshall and Tyler Wagner to Reno.
Marshall made his first MLB appearance on April 16 since he had a major head injury in the minor leagues last season. He has a 3.00 ERA in five appearances this season.
Wagner had stellar relief work in the D-backs’ 6-2 win over the San Francisco Giants on April 21. He filled in for starter Shelby Miller for five innings, giving up only two hits and earning the win. He is 1-0 this season with a 2.70 ERA.
Leone pitched 3.2 innings in 2015 for the D-backs.
Hesler made 18 appearances in his 2015 debut season, earning an 8.03 ERA in 12.1 innings.
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- D-backs’ Goldschmidt finishes third in NL MVP voting, Marlins’ Stanton wins
- J.D. Martinez’s agent keeps making hilarious metaphors
- D-backs’ Greinke finishes fourth in NL Cy Young voting, Ray seventh
- NL MVP: How D-backs’ Goldschmidt stacks up against other two finalists