The Arizona Diamondbacks continue to shuffle their bullpen as the extra-inning games continue.
The D-backs recalled right-hander pitcher Dominic Leone from Triple-A Reno and left-handed pitcher Keith Hessler from Double-A Mobile Monday.
They optioned right-handed pitchers Evan Marshall and Tyler Wagner to Reno.
Marshall made his first MLB appearance on April 16 since he had a major head injury in the minor leagues last season. He has a 3.00 ERA in five appearances this season.
Wagner had stellar relief work in the D-backs’ 6-2 win over the San Francisco Giants on April 21. He filled in for starter Shelby Miller for five innings, giving up only two hits and earning the win. He is 1-0 this season with a 2.70 ERA.
Leone pitched 3.2 innings in 2015 for the D-backs.
Hesler made 18 appearances in his 2015 debut season, earning an 8.03 ERA in 12.1 innings.
- Rockies light up Archie Bradley in game-changing inning of D-backs’ loss
- Current D-backs, 2001 champs dominate 20th anniversary team
- The 5: Diamondbacks storylines to watch in the season’s second half
- D-backs’ Clay Buchholz pitches 6 innings, strikes out 6 in rehab start
- For the D-backs, Manny Machado to the Dodgers is no big deal