The truth is we have zero clue as to what players the Arizona Cardinals will choose in the 2016 NFL Draft.
Even if general manager Steve Keim and head coach Bruce Arians wanted to tell us who they were targeting, with them not slated to pick until No. 29 in the first round, there is no way they could know for sure who will even be available to them.
However, one thing we all may be able to have an idea of is which players they are at least interested, as evidenced by players they’ve either brought in or visited for private workouts. Granted, a workout does not guarantee a selection, but back in 2014 Bruce Arians visited Blacksburg, Virginia to get a closer look at QB Logan Thomas before the Cardinals ultimately made him their fourth-round pick about a month later.
With this in mind, we did our best to keep track of all players the Cardinals have been linked to with regards to visits, and below is what we’ve come up with. Note the team could very well have visited with players not listed — and also had a chance to meet with many of this draft’s prospects during the Scouting Combine in February — so a lack of an extra session does not mean they will not be picked by Arizona over the next few days.
- Cardinals OC Goodwin: Gabbert, Seals-Jones have a lot of upside
- Week 12 injury report: Arizona Cardinals vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Arizona sports teams, athletes offer Thanksgiving well wishes
- The 5: Things to be thankful for as an Arizona sports fan in 2017
- Dealing Cards: IR returns look unlikely, Gabbert reviews his NFL journey