This season, the Arizona Diamondbacks unveiled the Cheeseburger Dog, a culinary concoction consisting of a hot dog made from char-grilled hamburgers that is deep fried and served with lettuce, bacon, tomato and a house-made secret sauce.
With that in mind, we decided to take a stab at the Cheeseburger Dog, though as it is not quite as hefty as the D-bat Dog, simply eating it was not enough.
Thus, the Cheeseburger Dog Challenge was born.
The competition featured our resident eating champion Adam Green (co-host of Arizona Sports Saturday, ArizonaSports.com reporter) against Andy Greenberg (producer for Off the Edge with B-Train), in a #GreenvsGreenberg setting.
Two men (and dogs) entered Chase Field for Tuesday night’s bout. Both men eventually left the ballpark. But in between, only one man was crowned the champion.
- A scenario in which the D-backs bring back J.D. Martinez
- 2017 in review: The year in sports as told by social media
- D-backs’ Archie Bradley to appear in ASU’s Curtain of Distraction
- J.D. Martinez’s agent keeps making hilarious metaphors
- Never thinking he would be ‘good enough,’ Lovullo named Manager of Year