The Arizona Diamondbacks continued shuffling their bullpen Wednesday night, optioning right-handed reliever Dominic Leone back to Triple-A Reno.
Leone had pitched only hours before, throwing a scoreless eighth inning in Arizona’s 11-4 loss to the St. Louis Cardinals at Chase Field. The 24-year-old also pitched Tuesday night, allowing three runs on four hits in 1.2 innings of relief in an 8-2 loss.
At Reno this season, Leone has pitched in six games, and has posted a 3.86 ERA in seven innings.
In a corresponding move, the D-backs recalled pitcher Jake Barrett from Triple-A. The 24-year-old has appeared in six games this season for Arizona, posting a 3.86 ERA in seven innings of work.
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
- D-backs reach agreement with Brad Boxberger, avoid arbitration
- D-backs agree to one-year deal with Corbin, avoid arbitration
- Report: Stalemate between Red Sox, J.D. Martinez continues
- D-backs announce pitchers, catchers workouts begin on Valentine’s Day