The Arizona Diamondbacks continued shuffling their bullpen Wednesday night, optioning right-handed reliever Dominic Leone back to Triple-A Reno.
Leone had pitched only hours before, throwing a scoreless eighth inning in Arizona’s 11-4 loss to the St. Louis Cardinals at Chase Field. The 24-year-old also pitched Tuesday night, allowing three runs on four hits in 1.2 innings of relief in an 8-2 loss.
At Reno this season, Leone has pitched in six games, and has posted a 3.86 ERA in seven innings.
In a corresponding move, the D-backs recalled pitcher Jake Barrett from Triple-A. The 24-year-old has appeared in six games this season for Arizona, posting a 3.86 ERA in seven innings of work.
- Diamondbacks add left-hander Jared Miller to 40-man roster
- D-backs, MLB teams release New Era 2018 spring training hats
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- D-backs’ Goldschmidt finishes third in NL MVP voting, Marlins’ Stanton wins
- J.D. Martinez’s agent keeps making hilarious metaphors