Or maybe, more recently, you heard he was the guy who said he’d use his first paycheck to first take care of his family and then — in this list of priorities — buy a pet panther.
ESPN’s Seth Wickersham’s profile on Nkemdiche begins with “Robert Nkemdiche wants a pet panther” before the Mountain Dew-sipping beast of a defensive lineman explains:
“No, it’s not. They’re like cats.”
Can’t he see the headline? Visitor Mauled by NFL Star Robert Nkemdiche’s Pet Panther.
“If someone comes over and is scared, I’ll put the panther away.”
But if buying a pet panther is second on Nkemdiche’s list of priorities, we can only pray that building a panther enclosure is a close No. 3 with the nearly $9 million he’ll make in his rookie season.
Anyway, fellow exotic animal lover and former Cardinals defensive lineman Darnell Dockett seems on board with Nkemdiche as a draft choice. Good bet he’s on board with the panther thing, too.
- Cardinals officially re-sign linebacker Philip Wheeler
- Vinny and Skinny: Cardinals edge out Colts, Cowboys up next
- Behind Enemy Lines: Arizona Cardinals open home slate against Cowboys
- The Consensus: Arizona Cardinals dip despite road win in Indianapolis
- Cardinals’ J.J. Nelson named NFC Offensive Player of the Week