The Arizona State Sun Devils clinched their third straight territorial cup series win Sunday after the men’s golf team finished ahead of Arizona at the Pac-12 Championships in Salt Lake City.
ASU currently leads Arizona 10.5 to 6.5, with three points remaining in the season.
The Sun Devils won the first four and a half points of the series. That included the actual Territorial Cup game, a 52-37 win for Arizona State in Tempe.
The Wildcats would make up ground by sweeping men’s basketball and winning the one gymnastics point, but ASU’s sweep of track and field in late February would off-set Arizona’s sweep of swim and dive in late February.
From late February to late April, Arizona won four of five points, including the softball series, but it wasn’t enough to make up for ASU’s large gap.
- ASU receiver John Humphrey out for year with Achilles injury
- Dudley ‘would be shocked’ if Suns don’t have roster overhaul
- Arizona coach Sean Miller denies candidacy for Pittsburgh job opening
- Arizona State falls to Texas, eliminated from women’s NCAA Tournament
- The End of Guard U: ASU’s seniors go out with loss to Syracuse