It hasn’t been long since Earl Watson was named the head coach of the Phoenix Suns.
For the 36-year-old it was a dream come true, and it’s something he said would never have happened without the support of his mother.
“And being Mexican-American she’s done a great job as far as keeping me inspired and motivated and instilling a lot of love and belief inside of everything I’ve dreamed to become,” Watson told Arizona Sports. “And she’s awesome.”
Watson added the best memories of his mom are from his basketball games, where she always screamed spanish words to him.
“I’d like to wish my mom a happy Mother’s Day,” Watson concluded. “Mom, I love you. I thank you for everything you’ve done and if it wasn’t for you and your believe in me I doubt I would be where I am today. Thanks.”
- Suns recall big man Alan Williams from Northern Arizona
- NBA Draft Lottery odds tracker: Suns sniffing three first-round picks
- Suns assign Alan Williams to NAZ as he nears return from knee injury
- Phoenix Suns’ Alan Williams: ‘I just want to get out there and play’
- Devin Booker: We’ve been babied, we need to be humbled