The Arizona Cardinals’ rookie mini-camp was a success — at least for two players who participated on a tryout basis.
The team signed wide receiver Chris Hubert and running back Elijhaa Penny to contracts Monday.
Hubert is a product of Division II Fayetteville State. The 5-foot-9, 170-pounder finished his college career with 129 catches for 1,784 yards and 19 touchdowns, which is a school record.
Penny played two seasons at Idaho after transferring from Cerritos College. In 2015, the 6-foot-2, 234-pound runner had 1,159 yards and 10 touchdowns on 246 carries. Penny also has kickoff return ability and averaged 18.5 yards on 15 returns in his college career.
Former University of Arizona running back Jared Baker and linebacker Mike Reilly were waived to make room on the roster for Hubert and Penny.
- Arizona Cardinals single-game tickets go on sale Saturday
- Bickley & Marotta: A song parody a day while David Johnson is away
- PFF: Arizona Cardinals’ projected O-line near bottom of NFL
- Some Cardinals players aren’t exactly happy about their Madden ratings
- ESPN: Cardinals’ offensive weapons rank among bottom half of NFL