Jean Segura had quite an eventful first two innings in his Diamondbacks’ series finale against the Rockies.
The Arizona infielder extended his hitting streak to nine games with a lead-off double, then got thrown out trying to steal third. But during an inning break, the hot-hitting Segura had a brush with death.
Colorado has a very curious event called the Tooth Trot, a race between a toothbrush, tube of toothpaste and a tooth.
The Rockies apologized for
conveniently nearly erasing a red-hot opponent like a cavity, but here’s to betting Segura will become bit sensitive to the Tooth Trot after he had little time to braces himself for the collision.
- Patrick Corbin named Diamondbacks’ Opening Day starter
- D-backs notebook: Decisions coming soon for D-backs, Torey Lovullo
- Knowledge of spring training fans tested, and it didn’t go too well
- D-backs to provide military and first responders discounts in 2018
- Diamondbacks players pile into pen, attempt to outweigh PBR bucking bull