Jean Segura had quite an eventful first two innings in his Diamondbacks’ series finale against the Rockies.
The Arizona infielder extended his hitting streak to nine games with a lead-off double, then got thrown out trying to steal third. But during an inning break, the hot-hitting Segura had a brush with death.
Colorado has a very curious event called the Tooth Trot, a race between a toothbrush, tube of toothpaste and a tooth.
The Rockies apologized for
conveniently nearly erasing a red-hot opponent like a cavity, but here’s to betting Segura will become bit sensitive to the Tooth Trot after he had little time to braces himself for the collision.
- D-backs add four pitchers to minor league deals
- D-backs’ Duplantier makes two lists of 2018’s top 100 MLB prospects
- ESPN: Yasmany Tomas has the D-backs’ worst contract
- ESPN’s Olney: Red Sox offered Martinez deal in range of $100 million
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock