If you are looking for a favorite collegiate summer league baseball team, the Savannah Bananas should be the team for you.
According to a team release, the team rescued a puppy after it was left abandoned in the parking lot of their stadium.
The seven-week-old puppy had no tags, collar or microchip. The dog was found crying near an office and the team president Jared Orton and his wife Kelsey have adopted her.
The puppy, Daisy, was named the team’s Bat Dog for the season.
“It was just meant to be that we’d have a team dog as part of our staff,” said Orton said in the release. “We took Daisy to the vet and aside from being hungry and dehydrated, she was in pretty good health.”
Orton said that Daisy will become a fixture at the ballpark over the course of the season.
- Reds first baseman Joey Votto gives a fan a memory of a lifetime
- Adidas turns a young fan’s drawings into a real uniform
- Cubs’ Willson Contreras meets fan with down syndrome on fan’s birthday
- Richard Sherman comes through in giving away a college scholarship
- Titans GM won’t be denied in bidding for art his diabetic daughter helped create