If you are looking for a favorite collegiate summer league baseball team, the Savannah Bananas should be the team for you.
According to a team release, the team rescued a puppy after it was left abandoned in the parking lot of their stadium.
The seven-week-old puppy had no tags, collar or microchip. The dog was found crying near an office and the team president Jared Orton and his wife Kelsey have adopted her.
The puppy, Daisy, was named the team’s Bat Dog for the season.
“It was just meant to be that we’d have a team dog as part of our staff,” said Orton said in the release. “We took Daisy to the vet and aside from being hungry and dehydrated, she was in pretty good health.”
Orton said that Daisy will become a fixture at the ballpark over the course of the season.
- Houston Texans’ JJ Watt donates $10K to family of fallen firefighter
- Washington rookie RB Derrius Guice surprises mom with new ride
- 49ers’ Marquise Goodwin surprises mother, sister with new home
- Nets’ Allen Crabbe saves former school with large donation
- Orioles honor Maryland newspaper shooting victims with touching tribute