If you are looking for a favorite collegiate summer league baseball team, the Savannah Bananas should be the team for you.
According to a team release, the team rescued a puppy after it was left abandoned in the parking lot of their stadium.
The seven-week-old puppy had no tags, collar or microchip. The dog was found crying near an office and the team president Jared Orton and his wife Kelsey have adopted her.
The puppy, Daisy, was named the team’s Bat Dog for the season.
“It was just meant to be that we’d have a team dog as part of our staff,” said Orton said in the release. “We took Daisy to the vet and aside from being hungry and dehydrated, she was in pretty good health.”
Orton said that Daisy will become a fixture at the ballpark over the course of the season.
- Ironwood golfer finds time to volunteer with demanding studying workload
- Stangers help Christian Pulisic reunite with furry friend for the holidays
- Red Mountain swimmer battles transverse myelitis while giving back
- D-backs, Archie Bradley to host annual Celebrity Golf Classic
- DeMarcus Cousins receives inaugural community assist award