The Arizona Diamondbacks took Star Wars Night to a new level Saturday when they got the game umpires involved in the show.
A squad of stormtroopers escorted the umpires out all Darth Vadar style to the “Imperial March” before the game got underway. It seems the crowd at Chase Field got a kick out of it.
Is that even a smile by ol’ blue?
And finally, to the stormtrooper in the back of the squad: Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?
- D-backs’ Clay Buchholz pitches 6 innings, strikes out 6 in rehab start
- For the D-backs, Manny Machado to the Dodgers is no big deal
- D-backs post-All-Star notebook: Injuries and the starting rotation
- D-backs offering free kids tickets for this weekend’s series against Rockies
- By the Numbers: Paul Goldschmidt’s roller coaster season