The Arizona Diamondbacks took Star Wars Night to a new level Saturday when they got the game umpires involved in the show.
A squad of stormtroopers escorted the umpires out all Darth Vadar style to the “Imperial March” before the game got underway. It seems the crowd at Chase Field got a kick out of it.
Is that even a smile by ol’ blue?
And finally, to the stormtrooper in the back of the squad: Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?
- Diamondbacks add left-hander Jared Miller to 40-man roster
- D-backs, MLB teams release New Era 2018 spring training hats
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- D-backs’ Goldschmidt finishes third in NL MVP voting, Marlins’ Stanton wins
- J.D. Martinez’s agent keeps making hilarious metaphors