The Arizona Diamondbacks took Star Wars Night to a new level Saturday when they got the game umpires involved in the show.
A squad of stormtroopers escorted the umpires out all Darth Vadar style to the “Imperial March” before the game got underway. It seems the crowd at Chase Field got a kick out of it.
Is that even a smile by ol’ blue?
And finally, to the stormtrooper in the back of the squad: Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?
- D-backs’ Duplantier makes two lists of 2018’s top 100 MLB prospects
- ESPN: Yasmany Tomas has the D-backs’ worst contract
- ESPN’s Olney: Red Sox offered Martinez deal in range of $100 million
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
- D-backs reach agreement with Brad Boxberger, avoid arbitration