The Phoenix Suns had the fourth-best odds to move up in the lottery but fourth place is right where they’ll pick in the 2016 NBA Draft.
Phoenix will have a selection after the Sixers, Lakers and Celtics as the odds held to what the Suns’ 2015-16 regular season record earned them in the lottery process.
Phoenix had an 11.9 percent shot of winning the first pick and a 12.6 percent shot of jumping into second. There was a 13.3 percent of the Suns earning the third pick, a 9.9 percent shot of the fourth and 35 percent chance of coming in fifth.
The Suns could have drafted no lower than seventh overall.
After acquiring the Washington Wizards’ draft choice on a protected basis in February as part of the Markieff Morris trade, the Suns will have a second lottery pick at 13th overall.
There was only a 2.5-percent chance of the Wizards top-nine protected pick jumping into the top-three.
Here is a look at how the entire lottery panned out.
- For perhaps the final time, Jared Dudley is moving on from Phoenix
- Phoenix Suns trade for Philadelphia forward/center Richaun Holmes
- Suns to fully guarantee Davon Reed, plan to keep Shaquille Harrison
- Phoenix Suns trade forward Jared Dudley to Brooklyn Nets
- NBA offseason review: Suns face even more impossible Western Conference