Ah, the New York media.
Invasive and sometimes over-the-top, the New York Daily News got quite the telling scoop late Wednesday night. Reporters and photographers caught former Phoenix Suns coach Jeff Hornacek walking out of a swanky steakhouse with Knicks president Phil Jackson and general manager Steve Mills.
It appeared to be more evidence to support the reports that New York was ready to negotiate a contract with its next head coach.
But as the Daily News does, solid all-around journalism wasn’t good enough. This story needed more oomph.
The paper’s tabloid-style, back page sports section of course had to play up this dinner date with childish humor.
Get it? The Knicks are using a steak dinner to woo a guy with a name that kind of includes an innuendo.
It’s almost too easy.
- Phoenix Suns drop in Forbes’ rankings of NBA franchise value
- Devin Booker ejected after shoving Enes Kanter, Kanter tweets response
- Warren exits with head injury, Booker scores 34 in Suns’ loss to Knicks
- Eric Bledsoe trade talks heat up after Suns send guard home
- Twitter reacts to the Carmelo Anthony trade to Oklahoma City