When the Minnesota Vikings went into Lambeau Field and beat the Green Bay Packers 20-13 on Jan. 3, they not only defeated their division rival, but won the NFC North, too.
It was an upset, yes, but it did happen.
The win gave the Vikings an 11-5 record, which was victory better than the Packers, who finished 10-6.
Yet, while all this is fact and in the history books, the folks over at ESPN apparently forgot that it ever happened.
The Vikings saw the tweet and, in classic fashion, decided to respond.
Well done, Vikings.
Anyway, as the 2016 season approaches many expect there to once again be a good battle between the Vikings and Packers for the division crown, and the hope is whoever wins it gets properly recognized for the rest of time.
- Arizona Sports NFL Power Rankings Week 12: Eagles hold, Saints creep up
- The Vikings are still the kings of NFL touchdown celebrations
- Schlereth: By signing Peterson, are Cardinals trying to win 2009 NFC title?
- Fitzgerald Sr. on son’s relationship with Peterson: ‘He’s family’
- Cardinals run game has unimpressed in 2017, but there may be hope