When the Minnesota Vikings went into Lambeau Field and beat the Green Bay Packers 20-13 on Jan. 3, they not only defeated their division rival, but won the NFC North, too.
It was an upset, yes, but it did happen.
The win gave the Vikings an 11-5 record, which was victory better than the Packers, who finished 10-6.
Yet, while all this is fact and in the history books, the folks over at ESPN apparently forgot that it ever happened.
The Vikings saw the tweet and, in classic fashion, decided to respond.
Well done, Vikings.
Anyway, as the 2016 season approaches many expect there to once again be a good battle between the Vikings and Packers for the division crown, and the hope is whoever wins it gets properly recognized for the rest of time.
- Saints whiff on tackle, Vikings score impossible game-winning TD
- Vikings QB Case Keenum celebrates with the mannequin challenge
- Vikings’ QB situation could be a thing to watch for Cardinals
- Host and reporters analysis: Who will be Cardinals next head coach?
- NFL teammates, players and fans react to Carson Palmer’s retirement