You’d be hard-pressed to find someone who believes the Phoenix Suns are going to transition from their 23-59 record in the 2015-16 season to a title run the next.
The Westgate Las Vegas Superbook doesn’t, either.
The sportsbook has Phoenix at 300-1 to win the NBA title in the 2016-17 season. The only team with worse odds are the Brooklyn Nets at 500-1.
Eleven of the 28 teams with better odds than the Suns are at 100-1, including the Philadelphia 76ers and Sacramento Kings. For whatever reason, the sportsbook deemed it necessary to triple those odds and hand them to the Suns.
Other surprises include the Minnesota Timberwolves and New Orleans Pelicans at 60-1, tied for the 11th best odds despite finishing with the fifth and sixth worst records in the NBA, respectively.
The Golden State Warriors are the early favorite at 3-2, with their NBA Finals opponent, the Cleveland Cavaliers, at 5-2 right behind them.
- EOTS’ college tipoff NBA Draft Big Board, Part III: Doncic, bigs on top
- Len’s double-double, Booker’s 22 in first half lift Suns to win over Lakers
- EOTS’ college tipoff NBA Draft Big Board, Part II: Potential No. 1 picks
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- Suns Strokes: Suns give up 90 points in first half, fall to Rockets at home