In an interview with The Players’ Tribune, Kansas City Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer called the Lo-Lo’s Chicken & Waffles eatery at Chase Field the country’s best ballpark food.
“It would have to be – in Arizona, they’ve got Lo-Lo’s Chicken and Waffles,” Hosmer said. “Every time we go play the Diamondbacks, the guys are always sending the clubbies to go up and bring us some chicken and waffles down to the locker room.”
The Lo-Lo’s took over a space that was once occupied by Fatburger after Chase Field dramatically revamped its food options prior to last year. It was that offseason in which they also introduced Paradise Valley Burger Co. into the ballpark, as well as America’s Taco Shop.
The Royals were last at Chase Field on April 1 and 2 this year for an exhibition series.
- Lovullo: Major League Baseball, players both want to get out, play in safe way
- Diamondbacks open Chase Field for individual workouts
- Last thing MLB needs is money disagreement with its players
- ASU baseball’s Spencer Torkelson has season cut short ahead of MLB Draft
- D-backs, American Red Cross to host blood drive at Chase Field