Sound the alarms. The sanctity of baseball is being stomped upon.
The group of people who get riled up by every bat flip and show of celebration might be upset. But as the Arizona baseball team rolled through the postseason and as it now prepares for Coastal Carolina in the College World Series finals, it’s had a bit of fun.
The most recent example: A splash party that, put to music, takes a dugout and seemingly turns it into an (insert your favorite electronic dance artist here) concert at (insert your favorite Las Vegas pool here).
The Wildcats are not sorry about it.
“They should have fun,” Arizona head coach Jay Johnson said, via the Facebook video’s caption. “They’ve earned the right to have our dugout be the place they want to be worst than anywhere in the world.”
We’re all for making baseball fun again, and the Wildcats have given us that, be it their “This Town” music video cover, their #HotCoffee antics and beyond.
- How Open Division has played out for Arizona high school football
- Wildcats move up 2 spots in college basketball AP Poll
- All about the Benjamin; ASU rides run game for Territorial Cup win over UA
- ASU has on-paper advantage, but anything is possible in Territorial Cup
- Study: ASU-UA is top rivalry in USA, Valley fans show hate toward LA