The Fresno Grizzlies are hosting “Good Burger” night in a few weeks. The uniforms are out of this world. pic.twitter.com/L6Yr6x3kz2
— Baseball Quotes (@BaseballQuotes1) June 24, 2016
The Fresno Grizzlies are hosting a celebration of the Nickelodeon movie “Good Burger,” and they’re doing it with ketchup on their clothes.
Of course, the food-covered jerseys are no accident; the Astros’ Triple-A affiliate Grizzlies will wear the commemorative uniforms on July 7 when they play the Diamondbacks’ affiliate, the Reno Aces. The digs are a part of “90s Night,” which will include a guest appearance from “Good Burger” star Kel Mitchell, as well as promotions for the team’s Grizz Burger.
The Grizzlies’ jerseys will feature a burger on the torso to go with ketchup and mustard on white socks. The Aces will have a large order of fries on their navy uniforms.
Grizzlies director of marketing Sam Hansen noted in a press release that “many late-20 and 30-somethings” would remember the iconic 90s film.
“‘Grizz Burger’ is our spin on celebrating the 20th anniversary of this epic contribution to young adult cinema, and we may have even more ‘Grizz Burger’ surprises in store for fans that come help us remember the great decade that was the 90s on July 7.”
- Revisit history: Valley teams would look better in uniforms of the past
- ‘Sunburst’ Phoenix Suns jersey rated 11th-best in NBA history by ESPN
- Los Angeles Chargers drop refreshed bolt uniforms
- Cleveland Browns get back to basics with release of new (old) uniforms
- Indianapolis Colts unveil a few new tweaks to classic uniform