Phoenix Mercury star Diana Taurasi was named the WNBA Western Conference Player of the Week for June 20-26, the league announced Monday.
Taurasi scored 19 points in a loss to Dallas to begin the road trip, but then went on to average 23.3 points and 4.3 assists in leading the Mercury to their first two road wins of the season, as they knocked off Washington on Friday and New York on Sunday to finish the trip.
The Mercury’s leading scorer at 20.5 points per game, Taurasi notched a game-high 27 points in the victory over Washington. She reached 7,000 career points in the game, having done so in a WNBA record low 348 games.
The Mercury, who are 6-9 on the season, will next take the court on June 29 when they host the Connecticut Sun at Talking Stick Resort Arena.
- Arizona teams collaborate on #AllAZ video amid coronavirus
- Suns to play at ‘Madhouse on McDowell’ if NBA season returns
- Diana Taurasi speaks, Booker and Nash attend Kobe Bryant memorial
- Phoenix Mercury sign C Kia Vaughn amid busy offseason
- Mercury deal January, acquire Breland and Coffey in 3-team trade