Arizona men’s hoops will play in the Battle 4 Atlantis, an eight-team tournament in the Bahamas, in November 2017, CBS reported Wednesday.
The tournament, played in late November each year since 2011, will feature Arizona for the first time. The Wildcats come off a season in which the Tucson-based team went 25-9 (12-6 Pac-12) and finished third in the Pac-12.
Villanova, which won the National Championship this year, is also slated to participate. Purdue, NC State, Tennessee, Southern Methodist, Western Kentucky and Northern Iowa will all reportedly play in the event, as well.
The specific matchups for the tournament have yet to be determined.
- Did anything change? Bilas on HBO doc featuring Arizona’s Sean Miller
- HBO’s ‘The Scheme’ set to expose Sean Miller, Arizona’s basketball program
- Arizona forward Zeke Nnaji reportedly declares for 2020 NBA Draft
- Ionescu a 3-time AP All-American; Arizona’s McDonald on 2nd team
- Pac-12 Tournament undergoing adjustments amid coronavirus fears