If you hadn’t noticed, the Internet has its ways of putting sports icons’ and sports teams’ seasons to rest.
With all due respect to wordsmiths, no eulogy of letters that form words, strung together in successive sentences, can create the paragraphs of a eulogy that can compete with the Crying Jordan meme.
The Arizona baseball team’s surprising College World Series run that ended Thursday in a 4-3 loss to Coastal Carolina was — to nobody’s surprise — eulogized by the Crying Jordan meme.
Photoshopped into Arizona’s classic cactus logo, Crying Jordan may console some Wildcat fans and enrage others.
In any case, it was a good season for the Wildcats, who should take pride in the fact that relevance on Twitter comes in this form.
- How Open Division has played out for Arizona high school football
- Wildcats move up 2 spots in college basketball AP Poll
- All about the Benjamin; ASU rides run game for Territorial Cup win over UA
- ASU has on-paper advantage, but anything is possible in Territorial Cup
- Study: ASU-UA is top rivalry in USA, Valley fans show hate toward LA