If you hadn’t noticed, the Internet has its ways of putting sports icons’ and sports teams’ seasons to rest.
With all due respect to wordsmiths, no eulogy of letters that form words, strung together in successive sentences, can create the paragraphs of a eulogy that can compete with the Crying Jordan meme.
The Arizona baseball team’s surprising College World Series run that ended Thursday in a 4-3 loss to Coastal Carolina was — to nobody’s surprise — eulogized by the Crying Jordan meme.
Photoshopped into Arizona’s classic cactus logo, Crying Jordan may console some Wildcat fans and enrage others.
In any case, it was a good season for the Wildcats, who should take pride in the fact that relevance on Twitter comes in this form.
- Did anything change? Bilas on HBO doc featuring Arizona’s Sean Miller
- HBO’s ‘The Scheme’ set to expose Sean Miller, Arizona’s basketball program
- Arizona forward Zeke Nnaji reportedly declares for 2020 NBA Draft
- Ionescu a 3-time AP All-American; Arizona’s McDonald on 2nd team
- Pac-12 Tournament undergoing adjustments amid coronavirus fears