ROSEMONT, Ill. (AP) — Elena Delle Donne scored 19 points, including a late 3-pointer, and Imani Boyette had her second double-double of the season to help the Chicago Sky beat the Phoenix Mercury 100-95 on Sunday night.
Boyette had 12 points and a career-high 13 rebounds. Allie Quigley added 21 points, Courtney Vandersloot had 12 points, seven assists and three steals, and Jamierra Faulkner scored 11 with seven assists for Chicago (8-11).
Diana Taurasi scored six-straight points — including a four-point play — to cap a 12-0 run that gave the Mercury a 93-90 lead with 1:32 to play. Delle Donne hit a jumper and Boyette made a layup to put the Sky up by one. After Candice Dupree put Phoenix back in front, Delle Donne’s 3-pointer with 26 seconds remaining gave Chicago the lead for good.
Diana Taurasi led Phoenix (8-13), ranked fifth in the AP WNBA power poll, with 26 points. DeWanna Bonner added 20 points and four steals.
It was the highest scoring output of the season for the sixth-ranked Sky.
- Arizona teams collaborate on #AllAZ video amid coronavirus
- Suns to play at ‘Madhouse on McDowell’ if NBA season returns
- Diana Taurasi speaks, Booker and Nash attend Kobe Bryant memorial
- Phoenix Mercury sign C Kia Vaughn amid busy offseason
- Mercury deal January, acquire Breland and Coffey in 3-team trade