Rare is the time when Seattle sports fans will cheer for Larry Fitzgerald.
But it’s not impossible.
Seahawks star Richard Sherman, against whom Fitzgerald has had his share of battles, held his charity softball game Sunday at Safeco Field, the home of the Seattle Mariners.
Fitzgerald was a member of the Green Team, which was captained by Seahawks running back Thomas Rawls. And you know what? The nine-time Pro Bowler showed off his skills in another sport, jacking a two-run home run much to the delight of those in attendance.
Unfortunately for Fitz, his Green Team fell to the Blue Team by a score of 31-30 — though you can’t blame the receiver.
At any rate, it’s probably safe to say this will be the last time Seattle fans give Fitzgerald that kind of applause, and it will hopefully be the final instance of the long-time Cardinal wearing those…interesting colors.
- ESPN: Cardinals’ offensive weapons rank among bottom half of NFL
- ‘Deeply problematic’: Cardinals criticized for SCOTUS nominee support
- Forde: ASU, UA middle of the pack in overall athletic success
- For Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, the future can wait
- 4 Cardinals on CBS Sports’ Top 100 players, none on PFF’s list