Other than death and taxes, the one certain thing in life is a new Madden video game.
As the game’s release date on August 23 creeps up, the player ratings are a hot topic for many NFL fans and players alike.
Recent released ratings show that the Arizona Cardinals’ Patrick Peterson received a 91 rating overall, listing him as the fourth-best corner back in the game. Peterson tied with the New York Jets’ Darrelle Revis, but fell short of the Seattle Seahawks’ Richard Sherman (92), the Denver Broncos’ Chris Harris (93) and the Washington Redskins’ newest offseason pick up Josh Norman (94).
Apparently the creators of Madden did not take into account that multiple NFL analysts have tabbed Peterson as the best corner of the game, and even New York Giants’ super receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. has praised the Cardinal for his covering abilities.
Looks like Peterson might have some added bulletin board material for the upcoming season.
- Keim: Lamont Gaillard’s debut validating for Cardinals O-line depth
- Cardinals sign 15-year vet kicker Mike Nugent to practice squad
- Cardinals DC knew in-season ‘learning curve’ was coming for Isaiah Simmons
- Cardinals believe Haason Reddick finally found a home at OLB
- Arizona Cardinals place S Jalen Thompson on IR, sign Curtis Riley