Cowboys add another star to helmets, honor Dallas police
The Dallas Cowboys have added another star to their helmet in honor of the fallen police officers that were shot by snipers in downtown Dallas in July.
The decal is a silver star that reads “Arm In Arm.”
Dallas players, including Jason Witten and Orlando Scandrick, joined with the City of Dallas on the practice field by walking arm-in-arm with the Dallas police chief and mayor.
According to a statement at the ceremony, the Cowboys were the ones who came up with the idea to honor the fallen heroes.
“Unity in the community, unity among fellow citizens, and unity among Americans and the police who protect them,” a statement said. “Our players felt that there is no better example of what unity is — and can be about — than a sports team. And they felt they had the opportunity — for the first time they were together this year — to send this very important message.”
Dallas Cowboys walk out on field arm to arm with Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings: pic.twitter.com/ulPb6lrUnW
— Brandon George (@DMN_George) July 30, 2016
- Should the Arizona Cardinals pursue free agent WR Dez Bryant?
- Report: Free agent WR Brice Butler to visit Cardinals
- Steelers’ Le’Veon Bell surprises offensive line with Christmas gifts
- Cowboys’ Dez Bryant gives fan his cleats, warms up in socks
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Cards O-line struggles all technique