The Dallas Cowboys have added another star to their helmet in honor of the fallen police officers that were shot by snipers in downtown Dallas in July.
The decal is a silver star that reads “Arm In Arm.”
Dallas players, including Jason Witten and Orlando Scandrick, joined with the City of Dallas on the practice field by walking arm-in-arm with the Dallas police chief and mayor.
According to a statement at the ceremony, the Cowboys were the ones who came up with the idea to honor the fallen heroes.
“Unity in the community, unity among fellow citizens, and unity among Americans and the police who protect them,” a statement said. “Our players felt that there is no better example of what unity is — and can be about — than a sports team. And they felt they had the opportunity — for the first time they were together this year — to send this very important message.”
Dallas Cowboys walk out on field arm to arm with Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings: pic.twitter.com/ulPb6lrUnW
— Brandon George (@DMN_George) July 30, 2016
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity
- Jim Irsay non-committal on Andrew Luck’s availability against Cardinals
- Cowboys star RB Elliott suspended 6 games, to miss Week 3 at Cardinals
- All-Access with Cole Toner — Aug. 9: Getting ready for the Raiders
- Cardinals rookie Budda Baker impresses in preseason debut
- CB Williams closes up-and-down day with interception of Cowboys