Carmelo Anthony talking about the Jimmy Butler's playlist/Vanessa Carlton angry look he gave. pic.twitter.com/uxatyqWMLe— ⓂarcusD (@_MarcusD_) August 2, 2016
Making his way to the locker room, walking fast, as faces passed, Carmelo Anthony thought he was home bound. Instead, he was stopped for an interview after the United States blew past Nigeria in an exhibition game Monday.
If he could fall into a category of late, it’d be as disgruntled listener of Vanessa Carlton music.
And so he was asked the question we needed an answer to.
Over the weekend, Anthony was captured looking grumpy as his Team USA pals sang Carlton’s “A Thousand Miles”, but the basketball star made sure to clarify on Monday that he does not dislike Carlton’s song.
“They know I don’t like early mornings,” Anthony said. “I actually like that song though. I love the movie ‘White Chicks.’ But they got me early in the morning.
“I’m sorry Vanessa. I apologize,” Anthony added.
Carlton, for what it’s worth, had earlier found the viral Carmelo Anthony meme quite funny.
Anthony said he’s confiscated Jimmy Butler’s rights to play loud music in the morning.
Be it the early mornings or the music choice, he doesn’t want to feel like this again.
And thus, we got more out of the postgame interview than we did out of the game in which the United States embarrassed yet another opponent heading into the Rio Olympics.
- Paul Goldschmidt sits in World Baseball Classic finale win over Puerto Rico
- Carmelo Anthony, in fur coat and hat, gets turned into a meme
- Team USA rallies past Colombia in 10 innings in WBC, 3-2
- P.J. Tucker’s intangibles for Suns make him a wanted commodity on trade market
- Report: Paul Goldschmidt will play for Team USA in World Baseball Classic