The field of 48 uniforms has been shrunk down to 16 as we poll the readers of ArizonaSports.com to name the best major-league threads in the history of the Grand Canyon State.
Round of 16 voting will run Tuesday and Wednesday (Aug. 1 and Aug. 2), then we’ll determine our final four on Thursday and Friday of this week.
Each pro team has at least one uniform left standing, so let your vote be counted!
#2 Suns Barkley-era home whites vs. #15 D-backs purple alternates
The Suns’ Barkley-era home whites had an easy go in the round of 32, beating the D-backs’ original home whites 75-25.
The D-backs’ purple alternates won their first match, beating the Suns’ Civic Pride black alternates 63-37 in the last round.
#10 Suns original home whites vs. #26 Coyotes kachina home whites
The Suns’ original home whites squeaked out a round of 32 win over the D-backs’ sleeved white home ‘A’ logo jerseys, getting 52 percent of the vote.
The Coyotes’ white Kachina-style home jerseys have already triumphed twice in this tournament, beating the Suns’ current orange alternates and the D-backs’ sleeveless ‘A’ home uniforms.
#3 Cardinals black alternates vs. #46 Coyotes kachina black roads
The Cardinals’ black alternates easily beat the Suns’ original orange alternates 61-39 in the round of 32.
What can we say? Our voters love the Coyotes kachina-style uniforms more than the seeding committee did. The home whites have two wins under their belt, beating the ‘Yotes’ current home whites 59-41 and the Coyotes’ second-generation brick reds with white stripes 62-38.
#22 D-backs sleeveless gray roads vs. #38 Suns Nash-era road purples
The D-backs’ sleeveless road grays also have won twice, beating the Suns’ current home whites 60-40 and the Coyotes’ road whites with brick red stripes 60-40.
The Suns’ Nash-era road purples have knocked off the Coyotes’ Edge-template red home unis and the Suns’ original purple roads in a big round-of-32 upset.
• #1 Suns Barkley-era black alternates DEF. #48 Coyotes green desert-themed alternates, 51-49 (decided by 15 votes)
• #9 D-backs original black alternates DEF. #25 D-backs original Sedona red alternates, 79-21
• #4 Suns Barkley-era purple roads DEF. #20 Cardinals current home reds, 60-40
• #12 D-backs second-generation black alternates DEF. #5 Cardinals original home reds, 66-34
- Coyotes’ health, mental reset in focus as training camp begins
- Looks like Richaun Holmes took the wrong advice from Kelly Oubre Jr.
- NBA bubble presents challenges as Suns adjust to plenty of alone time
- Suns G Devin Booker hopes to continue solidifying resume in NBA bubble
- Kyler Murray probably doesn’t like his Madden NFL 21 ratings