Arizona State will not hold its scheduled Saturday practice in the pines at Camp Tontozona and has decided to head home to Tempe on Friday.
Read a statement on the team’s website:
The difficult decision comes after a week of inclement weather forced the early end to several scheduled Sun Devil football practices and walkthroughs. With unsettled weather forecasted through the remainder of Friday evening, the safety and welfare of the Sun Devil student-athletes was moved to the forefront as field conditions would not be conducive to holding another practice at Camp Tontozona.
Due to weather, the Sun Devils said moving the final practice Saturday was not possible from a logistical standpoint.
ASU will continue its practice schedule in Tempe, but the sessions will be closed to the public.
- ASU’s wild fourth-down conversion seals upset victory over Washington
- Fork Report: ASU pulls off remarkable upset over No. 5 Washington
- Graham: Turnover battle key to winning Pac-12 games
- A lot has changed since ASU, UW last faced off in Tempe
- ASU’s Hurley supports task force, excited for backcourt, better defense