Arizona State will not hold its scheduled Saturday practice in the pines at Camp Tontozona and has decided to head home to Tempe on Friday.
Read a statement on the team’s website:
The difficult decision comes after a week of inclement weather forced the early end to several scheduled Sun Devil football practices and walkthroughs. With unsettled weather forecasted through the remainder of Friday evening, the safety and welfare of the Sun Devil student-athletes was moved to the forefront as field conditions would not be conducive to holding another practice at Camp Tontozona.
Due to weather, the Sun Devils said moving the final practice Saturday was not possible from a logistical standpoint.
ASU will continue its practice schedule in Tempe, but the sessions will be closed to the public.
- Sun Devils begin game-planning for New Mexico State
- Bears aren’t used to Valley’s desert, Twitter account lets Cardinals know
- James Harden breaks out creativity for Drive By Dunk Challenge
- After Josh Rosen’s remarks, Sun Devils admit to student-athlete challenges
- McShay: ASU’s Kalen Ballage is the sixth-best NFL Draft prospect at RB