The Arizona Diamondbacks have placed outfielder David Peralta on the disabled list due to a right wrist injury. Arizona will recall Socrates Brito from the minors to fill in the roster spot.
Peralta was scratched from Saturday’s game against the Milwaukee Brewers, which resulted in a 15-6 loss for the D-backs. The outfielder suffered the injury Friday night from a collision with the outfield wall.
Brito has appeared in 13 major league games this season, batting .211 with two home runs and four RBI.
- Minor league teams take on new identities to celebrate diversity
- D-backs option Sherfy, Hazelbaker and Walker; release Bastardo
- D-backs’ pitchers get shelled in loss to the White Sox
- Zack Greinke won’t start for Diamondbacks on Opening Day
- Diamondbacks get festive with 2018 holiday uniforms, hats and socks