The Arizona Diamondbacks have placed outfielder David Peralta on the disabled list due to a right wrist injury. Arizona will recall Socrates Brito from the minors to fill in the roster spot.
Peralta was scratched from Saturday’s game against the Milwaukee Brewers, which resulted in a 15-6 loss for the D-backs. The outfielder suffered the injury Friday night from a collision with the outfield wall.
Brito has appeared in 13 major league games this season, batting .211 with two home runs and four RBI.
- For the D-backs, Manny Machado to the Dodgers is no big deal
- D-backs post-All-Star notebook: Injuries and the starting rotation
- D-backs offering free kids tickets for this weekend’s series against Rockies
- By the Numbers: Paul Goldschmidt’s roller coaster season
- ESPN’s Olney: Rivals say D-backs ‘highly motivated’ to make trades