The Arizona Diamondbacks have placed outfielder David Peralta on the disabled list due to a right wrist injury. Arizona will recall Socrates Brito from the minors to fill in the roster spot.
Peralta was scratched from Saturday’s game against the Milwaukee Brewers, which resulted in a 15-6 loss for the D-backs. The outfielder suffered the injury Friday night from a collision with the outfield wall.
Brito has appeared in 13 major league games this season, batting .211 with two home runs and four RBI.
- D-backs avoid arbitration with 9 players including Ray, Lamb, Pollock
- D-backs reach agreement with Brad Boxberger, avoid arbitration
- D-backs agree to one-year deal with Corbin, avoid arbitration
- Report: Stalemate between Red Sox, J.D. Martinez continues
- D-backs announce pitchers, catchers workouts begin on Valentine’s Day