Even though the regular season for the Arizona Cardinals is a month away, the traffic to and from their first preseason game Friday won’t seem any different.
Kickoff for the game against the Oakland Raiders is scheduled for 7 p.m., so Interstate 10 will likely be backed up with game traffic and people leaving work. There is also a Jason Aldean concert at 7:30 p.m. at the Ak-Chin Pavilion that is expected to contribute to the traffic as well.
If possible, those planning to attend the Cardinals’ preseason opener should try to get to the University of Phoenix Stadium early. Sportsman’s Park carparks and other game day parking lots will open at 3 p.m. The Great Lawn will open for tailgaters at 3 p.m. as well.
Parking will look a little different this season as the Yellow Pass parking lot has been relocated to the west side of 91st Avenue, just south of Maryland Avenue.
Parking at Kellis High School is no longer available. A shuttle service will continue to be provided to Brown Pass ticketholders.
The Westgate parking lots will be free during preseason games and will be $10 (cash only) during regular season games. Fans can enter the Westgate Entertainment District from the north off of Glendale Avenue, via 95th or 93rd avenues.
Main entrance gates at the stadium will open at 5:30 p.m. Friday.
- USA Today: Cardinals not expected to contend for playoffs in 2018-19
- Arizona Cardinals rank No. 41 in Forbes’ 2018 most valuable franchises
- Keim’s absence comes as Cardinals talk complicated Johnson extension
- Cardinals suspend GM Steve Keim for five weeks after he pleads guilty to DUI
- A short wait: NCAA awards Phoenix its second Final Four