Notre Dame defensive back Devin Butler was arrested after he was involved in a scuffle with police officers Saturday morning, and that’s big news for the No. 10-ranked team in the nation.
So as ESPN’s SportsCenter does, it reported on the incident. Anchor Zubin Mehenti read all the details, but apparently those working on SportsCenter’s set missed a key detail themselves.
They used a picture of Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker while airing the story of Butler’s arrest.
Booker wasn’t hot on his photo being mistakenly used.
Mehenti was forced to make an on-air correction.
“We all here at SportsCenter do sincerely apologize for that mistake,” he said later on.
Somebody in the SportsCenter production department probably got a stern talking-to, at the very least.
- Devin Booker hits jumper over Jamal Murray, steals his arrow celebration
- Suns need to heavily consider trading for Kemba Walker, just not yet
- Phoenix Suns still without Chriss, expected to welcome back Warren
- Devin Booker ties for fourth in player All-Star voting for West guards
- While discussing title banners, Rondo indirectly takes shot at Suns