Notre Dame defensive back Devin Butler was arrested after he was involved in a scuffle with police officers Saturday morning, and that’s big news for the No. 10-ranked team in the nation.
So as ESPN’s SportsCenter does, it reported on the incident. Anchor Zubin Mehenti read all the details, but apparently those working on SportsCenter’s set missed a key detail themselves.
They used a picture of Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker while airing the story of Butler’s arrest.
Booker wasn’t hot on his photo being mistakenly used.
Mehenti was forced to make an on-air correction.
“We all here at SportsCenter do sincerely apologize for that mistake,” he said later on.
Somebody in the SportsCenter production department probably got a stern talking-to, at the very least.
- ESPN says the Phoenix Suns will finish last in the Western Conference
- How realistic is NBA 2K18? Its trailer features a grumpy Marquese Chriss
- ESPN’s first 2018 NBA mock draft has the Suns taking Luka Doncic
- Marvin Bagley commits to Duke, could add to 2018 NBA Draft crop
- The 5: Intriguing items on the Suns’ 2017-18 schedule