Talk about melding classic clean with a little chrome.
The Nebraska football team revealed a Husker Chrome alternate uniform combination that will be worn for a Sept. 24 game against Northwestern.
At first glance, this isn’t a leap from the Cornhuskers’ usual get-ups. But then the details start to literally shine.
The numbering and lettering on both the jerseys and helmets are metallic, a nod to Lincoln, Nebraska’s “Star City” nickname.
The shoulders of the jerseys also have metallic chrome stripes, and maybe the best part is on the pant legs. An oversized ‘N’ logo sits along the pant stripes.
— Nebraska Football (@HuskerFBNation) August 23, 2016
- Edmonton Oil Kings’ Star Wars jerseys are super nerdy and awesome
- ASU honors Pat Tillman, vets with ‘Brotherhood’ uniforms
- Suns honor Connie Hawkins with opening night throwback jerseys
- Florida Gators unveil gator-like uniforms and they’re … interesting
- Phoenix Suns unveil ‘Classic Edition’ Nike uniforms