Starting a new school year is tough enough for a fifth-grader, and that’s when they have all the necessary supplies.
Ten-year-old Aleksia had her backpack stolen out of her mom’s car while eating dinner at a Valley restaurant. What was undoubtedly a hassle for Aleksia turned into an opportunity for several members of the community to lend a helping hand.
Two Phoenix Police officers who were called to the theft discovered Aleksia was quite the Arizona Diamondbacks fan. After contacting the team, the officers helped surprise Aleksia with a new D-backs backpack.
It was a simple act of kindness. Take a look at Aleksia’s face, and it certainly was worth it.
- MLB.com: Five potential free-agent fits for J.D. Martinez
- The 5: Defining moments in the D-backs’ 2017 season
- Reports: D-backs’ Gardenhire finalist for two managerial openings
- ‘We gave everything’: Dodgers end Diamondbacks’ surprise season
- Watch: D-backs’ Miller throws for first time since Tommy John surgery