Starting a new school year is tough enough for a fifth-grader, and that’s when they have all the necessary supplies.
Ten-year-old Aleksia had her backpack stolen out of her mom’s car while eating dinner at a Valley restaurant. What was undoubtedly a hassle for Aleksia turned into an opportunity for several members of the community to lend a helping hand.
Two Phoenix Police officers who were called to the theft discovered Aleksia was quite the Arizona Diamondbacks fan. After contacting the team, the officers helped surprise Aleksia with a new D-backs backpack.
It was a simple act of kindness. Take a look at Aleksia’s face, and it certainly was worth it.
- From the D-backs’ POV: How the ninth inning unraveled in loss to Mets
- D-backs waste another solid start from Buchholz, split series with Mets
- Diamondbacks trade Sedona Red for blue in honor of Father’s Day
- Patrick Corbin hit hard for second straight start, D-backs fall to Mets
- D-backs RHP Shelby Miller dominant in fourth rehab start