Starting a new school year is tough enough for a fifth-grader, and that’s when they have all the necessary supplies.
Ten-year-old Aleksia had her backpack stolen out of her mom’s car while eating dinner at a Valley restaurant. What was undoubtedly a hassle for Aleksia turned into an opportunity for several members of the community to lend a helping hand.
Two Phoenix Police officers who were called to the theft discovered Aleksia was quite the Arizona Diamondbacks fan. After contacting the team, the officers helped surprise Aleksia with a new D-backs backpack.
It was a simple act of kindness. Take a look at Aleksia’s face, and it certainly was worth it.
- Steven Souza Jr. a familiar face to his new Diamondbacks teammates
- Spring training preview: Marotta and Doug talk D-backs
- D-backs’ Steven Souza trade changes infield and outfield depth dynamics
- D-backs’ new OF Steven Souza will wear J.D. Martinez’s old No. 28
- Rays beat writer on Steven Souza: Made big strides in 2017 as hitter