Starting a new school year is tough enough for a fifth-grader, and that’s when they have all the necessary supplies.
Ten-year-old Aleksia had her backpack stolen out of her mom’s car while eating dinner at a Valley restaurant. What was undoubtedly a hassle for Aleksia turned into an opportunity for several members of the community to lend a helping hand.
Two Phoenix Police officers who were called to the theft discovered Aleksia was quite the Arizona Diamondbacks fan. After contacting the team, the officers helped surprise Aleksia with a new D-backs backpack.
It was a simple act of kindness. Take a look at Aleksia’s face, and it certainly was worth it.
- D-backs pick RHP Albert Suarez, lose two prospects in Rule 5 Draft
- Reports: Closer Fernando Rodney to sign with Twins
- D-backs sign OF Cesar Puello to minor-league contract
- D-backs Winter Meetings notes: Greinke, Drury come up in rumors
- D-backs mull options at Winter Meetings, Yanks reportedly eye Corbin