D-backs reliever Enrique Burgos traded to Atlanta Braves
Arizona Diamondbacks relief pitcher Enrique Burgos was traded to the Atlanta Braves Saturday for cash considerations after he was designated for assignment earlier in the week.
The 26-year-old made his major league debut in April 2015 after being signed by the team as a non-drafted free agent in July 2007.
Burgos did not make an appearance in the 2017 season for Arizona, making 11 in Triple-A Reno for a 6.23 ERA.
In his two-year D-backs career, Burgos pitched in 73 games, posting a 5.27 ERA with 82 strikeouts. He had three saves and seven holds.
- GM Hazen: Call-ups aren’t the easy fix for D-backs’ batting woes
- D-backs offense continues to struggle, Greinke takes loss to Padres
- D-backs’ Zack Greinke reaches 2,500 career strikeouts
- D-backs put Flores on 10-day IL, recall Vargas from Triple-A Reno
- D-backs to move Robbie Ray up for Friday start vs. Giants