D-backs reliever Enrique Burgos traded to Atlanta Braves
Arizona Diamondbacks relief pitcher Enrique Burgos was traded to the Atlanta Braves Saturday for cash considerations after he was designated for assignment earlier in the week.
The 26-year-old made his major league debut in April 2015 after being signed by the team as a non-drafted free agent in July 2007.
Burgos did not make an appearance in the 2017 season for Arizona, making 11 in Triple-A Reno for a 6.23 ERA.
In his two-year D-backs career, Burgos pitched in 73 games, posting a 5.27 ERA with 82 strikeouts. He had three saves and seven holds.
- Cubs to sign D-backs free agent Daniel Descalso for 2 years
- D-backs’ Hazen, Hall to appear on 98.7 FM’s ‘Hot Stove Summit’
- Two Arizona sports venues rank well in ESPN cleanliness study
- D-backs select RHP Nick Green of Yankees in Rule 5 Draft
- Cubs’ Maddon on Goldschmidt trade: ‘I don’t like the Diamondbacks’