Report: Knicks reach out to Suns restricted free agent Alan Williams
The New York Knicks are reportedly interested in Phoenix Suns restricted free agent center Alan Williams, according to ESPN’s Ian Begley.
The 24-year-old Williams surprised many when he proved he was a capable rotation player after head coach Earl Watson began giving him minutes later in the season.
Williams was one of the most productive bench players in the NBA during his 15.1 minutes per game.
Among bench players who played in at least 40 games last season, Williams led the league in rebounds per 36 minutes (14.9) and was top-20 in points (17.6).
Williams is a restricted free agent along with former No. 5 overall pick center Alex Len.
The Suns reportedly had a meeting set up with free agent power forward Blake Griffin, but Griffin canceled the meeting and signed a five-year deal with the Clippers.
- The 5: Takeaways from Summer Suns’ time in Las Vegas
- Javonte Green turns into human highlight reel in Suns’ win over Spurs
- Suns’ Jack Cooley is the coolest guy at Vegas Summer League
- Suns notebook: Ayton underperforms, Okobo injured, Bridges’ revenge game
- Suns’ Shaq Harrison slams it home in closing minutes against 76ers