Report: Knicks reach out to Suns restricted free agent Alan Williams
The New York Knicks are reportedly interested in Phoenix Suns restricted free agent center Alan Williams, according to ESPN’s Ian Begley.
The 24-year-old Williams surprised many when he proved he was a capable rotation player after head coach Earl Watson began giving him minutes later in the season.
Williams was one of the most productive bench players in the NBA during his 15.1 minutes per game.
Among bench players who played in at least 40 games last season, Williams led the league in rebounds per 36 minutes (14.9) and was top-20 in points (17.6).
Williams is a restricted free agent along with former No. 5 overall pick center Alex Len.
The Suns reportedly had a meeting set up with free agent power forward Blake Griffin, but Griffin canceled the meeting and signed a five-year deal with the Clippers.
- Bagley or Ayton? ASU’s Bobby Hurley gives his take on future draft picks
- Woj: Suns coaching search is underway, will include Triano
- NBA Draft Lottery odds tracker: Suns sniffing three first-round picks
- NBA Draft stock report: Many exits for top prospects in NCAA Tournament
- Suns GM: ‘It probably is unlikely’ Tyson Chandler plays rest of season