Cardinals practice squad includes Wright and Johnson, not Capi
The Arizona Cardinals announced eight recently-cut players had re-signed to their practice squad on Sunday.
Offensive lineman Dorian Johnson, the Cardinals’ 2017 fourth-round pick, and inside linebacker Scooby Wright III were among the notable players who had cleared waivers after not making the 53-man roster and re-joined Arizona.
Second-year defensive back and 2016 sixth-round draft pick Harlan Miller, who played two games last season and recorded seven tackles, also remains with the Cardinals.
Wide receiver Carlton Agudosi, cornerback Ryan Lewis, tight end Ricky Seals-Jones, running back James Summers and defensive tackle Pasoni Tasini rounded out the list of players joining Arizona’s practice squad.
One omission to the list was Cap Capi, who led the team in tackles during the preseason and appeared to be challenging for the fourth outside linebacker slot behind Markus Golden, Chandler Jones and Kareem Martin.
- Cardinals re-sign LB Philip Wheeler, release Scooby Wright
- Arizona Cardinals announce cuts, trim roster to 53
- The Fight for 53: One last chance for several Arizona Cardinals
- Birdseed: Cardinals’ moves at linebacker, travel miles adding up
- Dealing Cards: Williams in awe of Fitzgerald, Gabbert learning