Coyotes cancel preseason opener due to poor ice conditions
The Arizona Coyotes cancelled their preseason opener against the Los Angeles Kings due to poor ice conditions at Gila River Arena and will not reschedule the game.
“We know that our fans and corporate partners were excited to see the Coyotes play tomorrow and we were very disappointed to learn that the ice was not in a suitable playing condition for the game,” said Coyotes President and CEO Steve Patterson in a release. “The arena manager, AEG Facilities, has assured us that all measures are being taken to repair the ice as soon as possible.”
Fans and season-ticket holders who had tickets to the game can exchange their tickets at the Gila River box office or through the service and retention department for any of the following regular season games: against the Dallas Stars on Oct. 19, the Buffalo Sabres on Nov. 2, the San Jose Sharks on Nov. 22 or the Florida Panthers on Dec. 19.
Arizona next plays at Anaheim on Wednesday and at Calgary on Friday before returning home to play the San Jose Sharks on Saturday.
- Former Coyote Mitchell Miller no longer on North Dakota hockey team
- Coyotes renounce draft pick Mitchell Miller after report of bullying, racism
- Coyotes Bill Armstrong discusses getting GM job, building roster
- Coyotes sign RFA forward Christian Fischer to 2-year deal
- Johan Larsson saw chance to make 1st playoff appearance with Coyotes