Cardinals sign Anthony Denham Jr., Earl Okine to practice squad
The Arizona Cardinals have signed tight end Anthony Denham Jr. and linebacker Earl Okine to their practice squad, the team announced Tuesday.
Steve Keim said in an interview with Doug & Wolf on 98.7 FM Arizona Sports Station that the team would look for ways to upgrade their roster this week. The move also comes just a day after the Green Bay Packers reportedly signed a player off of the Cardinals’ practice squad, tackle Ulrick John.
Denham, 26, played college football at Utah but went undrafted. He played as a rookie with the Texans but missed 2015 due to injury and spent last season on the Eagles’ practice squad. He most recently was with the Eagles in the preseason.
Okine, 27, is a Florida alumnus who had five tackles and a tackle for loss with the Colts in 2015. He was on the Lions’ practice squad most recently until his release on Friday.
- NFL.com: OT Daryl Williams is a good free-agent fit for Cardinals
- Cardinals awarded 4 late-round compensatory NFL Draft picks
- A Star Is Born – Kliff Kingsbury and Josh Rosen: A Cardinals parody
- Markus Golden to Sirius XM: Agent, Cardinals had talks of re-signing
- Newest ‘Cardinals Flight Plan’ covers Kingsbury’s upbringing, new coaches