Arizona Coyotes place goalie Louis Domingue on waivers
The Arizona Coyotes placed goaltender Louis Domingue on waivers Sunday, according to Arizona Sports’ Craig Morgan.
Arizona also recalled 22-year-old goalie Hunter Miska from AHL Tucson and placed starter Antti Raanta on IR.
Domingue played in seven games this season — starting five — for the Coyotes. In 194 shots against, Domingue surrendered 28 goals.
With Domingue’s departure, the remaining goalies on the roster are Miska, Raanta, who’s been battling an injury, and the newly-acquired Wedgewood.
But the latest decision could mean the return of starting goalie Raanta could come as early as Monday.
Before joining the Coyotes, Wedgewood, 25, played in one game with the AHL’s Binghamton Devils this season. He allowed one goal. Last season, he played in four games for the New Jersey Devils, giving up five goals for a .957 save percentage.
If Domingue clears waivers, he’ll be eligible for the AHL.
- Tickets for Doan jersey retirement game set to go on sale Jan. 31
- Coyotes center Nick Schmaltz to miss rest of season with lower-body injury
- Coyotes recall Michael Bunting for his second NHL stint
- Coyotes score 1 goal in loss to Canadiens and goalie Carey Price
- Schmaltz scores first goal for Coyotes in win over Predators